Collection of information and data
We collect personal information when you express an interest or make use of our services.
Your personal data may be collected and retained by us by methods including (but not limited to) business cards, face to face meetings, conversations including over the telephone (with our notes taken during) and our receipt of your emails and project information.
Your consent to our holding your information and data
You providing your information to us is deemed to be your consent to our holding and using your information/data
Your instruction to third parties to contact us in relation to your project is deemed your consent to our holding and using your information/data
You appointing and engaging us to provide a service is deemed to be consent to our holding and using your information/data.
Personal information we hold includes (but is not limited to)
– names and job titles
– physical addresses
– email addresses
– mobile and landline telephone numbers
– project information including design information, drawings and specifications, financial accounts
– information relating to that project such as design information, drawings, specifications.
What we do with the information and data we gather and hold
We require this information in order that we provide the services you have appointed us to provide.
Your information may be shared with other professionals or companies etc in connection with the services you have appointed us to provide and this includes (but is not limited to);
– Use the information/data to provide the service you have appointed/instructed us to provide
– Process and respond to your instructions/enquiries and complaints received from you – Maintain up to date and current information/data relating to specific projects
As a matter of course we retain this data for a minimum period of six years after completion of a project (unless specifically instructed to delete such data, which will require Client instruction in writing)
Sharing of information and data
– to the extent consistent with applicable law, we may share your information with;
– other Professionals involved with your project i.e. Structural Engineer
– companies that you are employing to carry out works i.e. building contractors
– affiliated and third-party service providers, such as companies that provide us technical support, data hosting, and other services
– other parties when required by law i.e. Local Authority Planning Department and Building Control or as necessary to provide or protect our services, products, and other offerings. For example, we may need to disclose information with other parties to comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity or law enforcement; to prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies and terms governing our Services; and to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or employees
– another organisation if the business is reorganised or sold to the information/data held may transfer to that organisation